About Gamification and Leaderboard (New)
Gamification allows game-based elements to be introduced in your Lesson. The game-based elements include Experience Points (XP) and Levels, Game Stories, and Collectibles.
You can award students with bonus XP or lesser XP using XP modifiers.
Through the use of Game Stories, you can also create scenarios such as Escape Room or Mystery Solving based on real world or fantasy settings.
Glossary of Terms
Experience Points (XP) - XP is awarded to students to measure their progress within the game. XP is converted from marks awarded to them in Assignments/Assessments.
Levels - Levels are dependent on the XP collected. When students collect enough XP, they can level up (progress to the next level).
Game Stories - Game Stories can be used to drive the narrative of a story and character development as the Lesson progresses.
Collectibles - There are two types of Collectibles:
- Achievement - Achievements can be used to reward your students as the lesson progresses.
- Avatar - Avatars can be characters or items awarded to your students. Your students can replace their SLS Avatar within the Lesson with these avatars.
Did You Know?
Gamified Lessons are indicated with the Gamification icon on Assignment/Assessment card.
Gamification Leaderboard is a scoreboard showing the names of students, their individual XP, current Levels and Achievements. It can be accessed from the Monitoring Assignment page, under the Game Experience tab.
Starting from R18, Gamification has been enhanced to enable Team Leaderboard. Click here to learn more about Game Teams.
View Student Game Details
- On the Monitor Assignment page, click the Game Experience tab.
Under the Individual tab, on the individual student’s card, click Overflow (3-dot icon), followed by View Student Game Details.
Under the Team tab (if Game Team is enabled), click the dropdown arrow to view the individual student’s card.
You will be able to view your Game details at the top, followed by the student’s XP, current Level and Achievement.
- Under the XP and Level tab, you will be able to view the Experience Point (XP) Modifiers, which were determined when designing the game. Click here to find out how you can edit them.
- Under the Game Story tab, you will be able to view the Awarded Game Story. Click Preview to read the Game Story.
Under the Collectibles tab, you will be able to view Achievements and Avatars under the respective tabs. You can also filter Collectibles by status with the dropdown list. Click Preview to read the Achievement.
- Under the Team Members tab (only if Game Team is enabled), you will be able to see all the students present in the same Game Team as the selected student.
- Click X to close the subpage and return to the Monitor Assignment page.