(C1,ii) Unlock SLS Accounts
Important: SLS School Admins can help teachers and students to unlock their SLS accounts if their accounts are locked after repeated unsuccessful login attempts. For MIMS accounts that are locked, please seek assistance from the MIMS Admin instead.
- Open the left menu and click Administration, followed by Manage Users.
- On the Manage Users page, search for the accounts that need to be unlocked. If searching by name, use search operators such as "+" to refine the search (e.g. Amy+Choo). Alternatively, you may use the SLS Account Status filter to search for locked accounts.
- Click Apply.
- Select the checkboxes next to the teachers or students who require your assistance to unlock their accounts.
- Click Unlock Account in the table header.
- A confirmation prompt will pop up indicating the number of users selected. Click OK.
- For Student account(s), a One-Time Password (OTP) is generated when the account(s) is/are unlocked. This OTP needs to be communicated to the student(s).
For Teacher account(s), a password reset email will be sent to their email address shown on the Manage Users page or their alternate email address if they had set it previously.
- If teachers report that they did not receive their password reset email, please assist to check that they are logged into the correct email and that their SLS User IDs and SLS accounts are activated.
- If the SLS account is inactive due to the MIMS status being inactive, please approach your MIMS Admin to reactivate the account.