(B3) Initiate Student Account Activation
In order to activate a Student's account, a One-Time Password (OTP) needs to be generated by either a Teacher or the SLS School Admin. Students will be able to login with MIMS only after they have activated their SLS account using the OTP.
- On the SLS School Admin's Manage Users page, search for the accounts that need to be activated. If searching by name, use search operators such as "+" to refine the search (e.g. Angela+Ang).
To list accounts that require activation, click Filter and apply the following filters from the respective dropdown list:
- SLS Account Status - Not Activated
- Role - Student
Form Class - SLS School Admins can generate the OTP according to Form Class.
Note: It is not advisable to generate OTP for more than 100 students in one click as there might be errors due to processing time.
Click Apply to proceed.
- Select the checkboxes next to the students for whom you want to reset passwords in order to activate their accounts. You may use the checkbox at the column header to select the entire page and also select across multiple pages. By doing so, all non-activated student accounts will be given the same OTP.
- Click Reset Password in the table header.
- A confirmation prompt will pop up indicating the number of users selected. Click OK.
- Repeat for other form classes.
When password reset is successful, copy the OTP and disseminate it to the students. This OTP will last for one year or until another SLS School Admin or Teacher generates a new OTP.
- The OTP needs to be entered by students on the SLS login page and not the MIMS login page.
- SLS School Admins should coordinate among themselves so that only one OTP is generated for each student during the onboarding process.
- The SLS User ID and OTP must not be shared with parents or students in the same document. A suggestion would be for the OTP to be sent either in a separate letter or using another medium.