Facilitating School-wide PD (#Organise_with_SLS)
What it is
Teachers and the Professional Development (PD) committee can help to make school-wide PD sessions seamless and easily accessible through Class Groups in SLS.
Why do it
- PD resources can be consolidated into lessons as a systematic way of conducting PD sessions in school.
- Class Groups can act as an aggregating platform where discussion and comments can be accessed via the Forum.
- Using SLS for PD benefits you and your colleagues through familiarization of the Class Group feature and increases confidence in using SLS.
- (New in R19) The SLS Planner helps teachers and the PD committee to plan ahead by attaching assignments or resources in a selected date cell. Recurring events can also be created for PD sessions.
How to do it
- Create a lesson or series of lessons for PD and organise them in a folder in My Drive.
- From your school PD Class Group, assign these lesson(s), with pre-defined Start and End dates, according to the PD schedule in school.
- Teachers (as Students) will be notified via SLS Announcements to complete the assignments.
- Using the Lesson Heatmap, PD facilitators can bring up responses for further discussion.
- Teachers can extend their learning further by creating posts in the Class Group Forum to generate discussions.
- Create differentiated access to sections within the lesson, such as by department, by assigning Subgroups.