Jigsaw Activities for Teamwork (#Collaborate_With_SLS)
What it is
You can encourage collaboration and group work by assigning a Team Quiz for students to answer as a team.
Why use it
- Students can work in teams asynchronously or in real-time on the same Quiz submission, receive marks and feedback as a team.
- Through the Team Quiz, collaboration is brought about through meaningful discussions as students arrive at a common team response.
What to expect
- Create an engaging Team Quiz by applying strategies that encourage team spirit. In this example, we will apply the Jigsaw Technique.
- Create Activities in a lesson with preselected reading materials for each member of the team. For example, all team members A to read materials in Activity A and so forth.
Edit the Activity Access so that students can only see materials for their role.
- In the last Activity, team members will gather to share their learnings from their individual Activity and
answer questions in a Team Quiz.
Try including various questions in the Team Quiz to foster collaboration in diverse ways!
In addition to multiple-choice questions, try inserting a free-response and audio-response question.
Watch in detail how to assign a Team Quiz on the ETDtogo Youtube channel.