(A1) Attempt a Gamified Lesson
View Game Description and Settings
- From the homepage, click the Assignments tab and Open a gamified Lesson. Alternatively, you can Open a gamified Lesson from the Assignments page or Class Group page.
- In the Assignment, click the Gamification icon to open the Gamification subpage. This allows you to view the overall game details - Title, Description, and Featured Image.
You can view the Experience Point (XP) Modifiers from the XP and Level tab on the Gamification subpage. This gives you information on how bonus XP is being awarded and the number of XP required to level up (move to the next level).
There are three types of XP Modifiers:
Early submission of Quizzes - You will receive a bonus for the entire Quiz if the Quiz is submitted early. The default bonus set for early submission is 50% and the default number of days to be considered an Early Submission is 1 day before the Section Due Date.
Calculation of XP awarded: (1 + percentage/100) x Awarded Marks x Marks to XP Conversion
Late submission of Quizzes - You will receive reduced XP for the entire Quiz if the Quiz is submitted early. The default bonus set for late submission is -50%.
Calculation of XP awarded: (1 - percentage/100) x Awarded Marks x Marks to XP Conversion
Retries for questions - Standalone questions and questions in Progressive Quiz can be given multiple tries. If you get the questions right on your first try, you will be given the full XP. However, if you get the questions right on subsequent tries, your XP will be reduced.
Calculation of XP awarded: (1 - percentage/100)^(number of retries) x Awarded Marks x Marks to XP Conversion
Under the Game Story tab, you will be able to view the Awarded Game Story. Game Stories with preset Conditions will only appear after all Conditions have been fulfilled. Click Preview to read the Game Story.
Under the Achievement tab, you will be able to view Awarded and Not Awarded Achievements under the respective tabs. Achievements with preset Conditions will only appear after all Conditions have been fulfilled. Click Preview to read the Achievement.
Under the Team Members tab (if Team Game is enabled by your teacher), you will be able to view all your team members. You can work with your team member cooperatively to unlock Game Story and Achievements.
Click X to close the subpage.
Attempt Gamified Lesson
- From the Assignment cover, click Enter to enter the first Section (i.e. Section A), and click Enter to begin the Section.
- You will be awarded XP for each attempted question based on the number of marks awarded.
You can view your XP progress from the XP bar shown at the top of the Assignment. You will also be able to view your current Level and cumulative XP.
You will receive a congratulatory message when you have levelled up.
- If your teacher has manually awarded you with bonus XP, you will receive a pop-up message indicating the amount of bonus XP you have gotten.