Assignments are Lessons assigned to you by your teacher. An Assignment can contain up to 20 Sections. Each section can contain up to 20 Activities or Quizzes.
Activities contain Text/Media, Poll, Interactive Thinking Tool or questions. Quizzes are similar but release feedback in different ways, depending on which Quiz type your teacher chooses.
Teachers may set Assignments as Assessments to better control assignments. In an Assessment, you cannot access non-examination material (e.g. external links) unless they have been whitelisted for use in the assessment's network.
Each assignment contains the following information, reflected on each Assignment card:
- Title - Assignment Title
- Class Group - Class Group to which the Assignment was given
- Assignment Start Date and Time - Date and time the Assignment was given
- Assignment Due Date and Time - Deadline of the Assignment
Assignment Status - This indicates if the assignment is Paused, Complete, Incomplete, Upcoming or Overdue.
Note: Overdue assignments can still be attempted.
Assignment Sharing icon - This icon will appear if your teacher has enabled sharing of the Assignment with your classmates.
- Gamification icon - This icon will appear if your teacher has enabled Gamification for the Assignment.
- Colour Banner - The colour shown on the Assignment card is based on the type of subject class assigned. Each type of subject class has a unique colour.
- Label - Assignments that are recently assigned (up to 3 days ago) will be labelled "New". Existing Assignments that have sections added to them will be labelled “New Section”
- View Details icon - This icon shows the Lesson Details subpage, which includes the Sections/Activities and Lesson Description.
Did you know?: From R18, teachers are able to set a Passcode to an Assignment. You will be required to enter the Passcode (case-sensitive) in order to access these Assignments.
By default, your Assignments are displayed in English. However, your teacher has the option to display your Assignment in Chinese, Malay or Tamil.
Assignments displayed in Chinese, Malay or Tamil will have the instructions and questions displayed in the respective language.
Attempt an Assignment
- Once you access an Assignment via the Assignment card, you will be brought to the cover page of the Assignment.
- Begin the Assignment by clicking Enter on the Assignment Cover.
- You will be brought to the first activity in the Assignment or the cover page of the first Section.
- Within an Assignment, if your teacher has created a Team Quiz, you may attempt the questions as a team. Otherwise, the questions can be attempted individually.
- Your teacher may also pre-populate Google Files in a Free-Response or Audio-Response Question. Click here to find out how to attempt such Assignments.
Some Activities may be indicated as “Optional” within an Assignment. Optional Activities can be identified through the icon in the Activity List. You do not need to complete them to gain a “Complete” status for the Assignment.