About Class Groups
There are two types of Class Groups in SLS:
- Class Groups (Class) are created using subject class and teaching group information imported from School Cockpit. Class Groups are assigned a specific colour based on the subject type e.g. green for Sciences, orange for Mathematics.
Class Groups (Group) are created by your teachers in SLS. They may be assigned a specific colour should your teacher tag it based on subject type.
The default view of the page is the Current year's Class Groups, you can access the past years Class Groups by clicking the Past tab.
In all Class Groups, you will be able to access:
Note: When you re-enter a Class Group, you will be on the tab that you were last on.
From within a Class Group, you are able to pin the Class Group by clicking the Pin icon .
- Pinning a Class Group allows quick access to the Class Group. Below is a list of interactions that take place when a Class Group is pinned:
- Pinned Class Groups will appear first under the Class Groups tab on the homepage.
- Pinned Class Groups will appear under Class Groups from the left menu. (Enhanced in R19)
- Pinned Class Groups will appear at the top of the list of Class Groups on the Class Groups page.
- Pinned Class Groups will appear at the top of the list in dropdown fields involving Class Groups (e.g. when viewing Class Group Notifications, when accessing the Planner)